Starting a Business
Many decisions are involved in the initial creation of a business – some are easier (i.e., name of the business) than others (i.e., how much money it will take). The experienced attorneys at Cripps & Simmons can help you determine the best type of business organization for your proposed activity and objectives.
Issues to Consider
- What type of entity best suits my business?
- Who is going to own the business and in what percentages?
- Who is going to control the business?
- How is it going to be managed?
- How much money is it going to take to get started and who is going to provide it?
- Do you have a proposed budget?
- What happens if one of the owners is no longer interested in participating, becomes disabled, retires or dies?
With your permission, we are happy to work with your accountant, banker, and any other professional who may be involved in establishing your business. We believe a team approach provides the client the best of all resources.
This list is just meant to get you thinking. You don’t need to have all of the answers before you come to visit with us. We can share with you our experiences of what works and what doesn’t. So take that first step and set up an appointment to visit with one of our experienced attorneys.